About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Associate Packaging Designer - Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
The Associate Packaging Designer has responsibility for contributing to and supporting the efforts of the Design team within the Beverage business unit. They will work directly with Design colleagues to support new sales and business development opportunities. While gaining an understanding of business objectives, technical processes, and manufacturing requirements, they will produce graphic packaging prototypes and visual presentation materials to deliver solutions that meet our customer’s expectations. As an Associate Packaging Designer, you will have the opportunity to influence change in the market while gaining the skills and experience necessary to grow in your design career.
HOW YOU MAKE AN IMPACT:
● Creation of market ready structural and graphic package designs that address the needs of our Customers.
● Support of prototyping processes by producing structural and graphic samples suitable to share with customers. This will include use of tools such as plotter tables, 3D printers, vacuum formers, heat sealers and direct to substrate printers.
● Design and format presentation materials (collateral) that create compelling visualize imagery which clearly communicates the design intent, while adhering to the WestRock brand standards.
● With direction and guidance, execute the team’s creative vision by conceptualizing and designing graphics that will be used in packaging prototype layouts and presentations.
● Support the execution of packaging concepts through phases of testing and into a market launch.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design or equivalent
● Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
● Proficient knowledge of ArtiosCAD (or similar) & SolidWorks (or similar)
● Prior experience utilizing 3D printers
● Comfortable preparing graphic mock-up samples and customer prototypes
● Initiative, strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
● Excellent time management skills
● Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
● Ability to apply learnings of manufacturing processes & procedures throughout all phases of the design process.
● A strong willingness to deliver work at the highest level of creative and technical execution.
● Preferred skills: Packaging design and branding experience. An understanding of secondary packaging materials, manufacturing processes and procedures.
● A Resume, PDF or online portfolio demonstrating your experience, creative process and capabilities.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse
workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.