About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Packaging Designer (Structural) - Los Angeles. Californa
1212 S Flower St Suite 100
Los Angeles, California, 90015
Multi Packaging Solutions a division of WestRock, is a leading, global, provider of value-added specialty packaging, is seeking a Structural Designer to work in our Los Angeles, CA facility. Our customers are among the most recognized brands in the world. If it’s time for change, or if you are ready for the next big step in your career, then apply with Multi Packaging Solutions today!
GENERAL PURPOSE: Create and design innovative product packaging to ensure product integrity and appeal under varying shipping and display conditions for multiple market segments. Test, analyze, and select materials for packaging based on durability and cost effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creates innovative design solutions and produces samples to meet customer requirements.
- Reviews sample requests for layout and planning of project with key stakeholders.
- Produces white samples and comps in accordance with customer requirements/specifications.
- Effectively manages multiple projects and provides ongoing status reports to key stakeholders.
- Develops specifications and diagrams to be used for production orders.
- Creates set-up instructions and/or animations for end user.
- Supports sales team including interaction with customers and/or vendors.
- Maintains stock inventory and evaluates possible stock alternatives.
- Brings in new substrates for packaging.
- Reviews in-process production orders to assure conformance to design functionality.
- Facilitates or executes product testing as required.
- Participates in industry trade shows and events including set-up and/or professional development opportunities.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of three to five years' experience in structural design, special packaging and entertainment media preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three to five years' experience in CAD program Artios.
- Must have experience in 3D programs.
- Must have knowledge of approaches and methods for manufacturing products or product components.
- Must have knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for designing, building and managing the manufacture of new products.
- Must have knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for the design of new products and the enhancement of existing products; ability to apply the methodology in diverse scenarios.
- Must have knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for manufacturing new or enhancing existing products.
- Must have ability to design, plan and execute testing strategies and tactics to ensure product quality.
- Must be proficient in the use of current design software (i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Quark).
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.