WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is currently seeking a Prepress Technician
Recognize, adapt, and implement changes in printing workflow. Understand systems based on workflow and software needs. Use knowledge of printing processes to carry out procedures of jobs based on quick turnaround.
How you’ll impact Westrock:
- Satisfies client pre-print demands through client interaction.
- Finds ways to improve cost in the pre-press as well as develop solutions.
- Prep, proofing and imposition of insert files using Esko Automation Engine workflows.
- Trains and shares software developments based on department and company needs.
- Analyzes potential problems with workflow.
- Tests software pertaining to the workflow of packaging.
- Carries out job production on MAC to plate.
- Proofs jobs in final approval stage for content, distortion, and traps.
- Produces key jobs based on complexity and print runs.
- Analyzes customer files for fonts, images, integrity, and printability.
- Generates pre-flight lasers and color proofs to check separations before film.
- Traps files and applies necessary pullbacks and changes to flexo presses.
- Re-touches images for better platability.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associate’s degree from accredited two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in graphic arts/printing industry preferred.
- Hands-on knowledge of prepress software applications including Quark, Illustrator, Photoshop, trapping, Macintosh, file management, network utilizations and workflow and maintenance/troubleshooting preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all major software applications including high-end trapping program.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be proficient in using prepress operating platform.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.).
- Must have the ability to establish, maintain and retrieve permanent files.
- Must pass color vision and color hue test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.