Project Mgr Internal Content
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Project Manager, Internal Content COE – Atlanta, GA
WestRock is seeking an Internal Content Project Manager to join our Internal Communications Centers of Excellence (COE) team. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Internal Content COE, and will create compelling content for all internal channels, partner across global teams, counsel leaders on strategic priorities and support the new COE structure for internal communications to improve understanding of and engagement with our strategy and culture. This individual must be an expert communicator with impeccable written and verbal skills and a knack for storytelling and translating complex business content into compelling messages. The ideal candidate is a collaborative problem solver with strong interpersonal skills who excels at bringing the right people, ideas, and information together to make a meaningful impact on our teammates.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Deliver engaging and actionable communications that convey our strategy, key business milestones and culture to our teammates in offices and in manufacturing facilities around the world.
- Lead the management of the intranet, including the editorial calendar and content development/management
- Support communications for company-wide campaigns related to our strategy, culture, sustainability, innovation and more.
- Ensure accuracy, clarity, appropriateness and consistent messaging across all internal communications.
- Partner with other Communications teammates and business and functional leaders to create/execute strategic communications plans and ensure they are aligned with our corporate strategy and culture.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to gather information, synthesize business and technical concepts, and write/review/develop compelling and creative content across internal channels, including the intranet, email, digital signage and meetings.
- Tell commercial stories to educate and inform employees about WestRock’s unique product offerings and breadth of capabilities
- Support regular company-wide communications, including town halls, to keep employees informed about our strategy and to drive understanding, and engagement
- Implement ROI measurement tools for internal communications and share relevant metrics and reports as necessary.
- Build and manage relationships with third party agencies and contractors as needed
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years of corporate communications experience in developing and managing communication strategies.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Experience with AP Style is required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Dedicated to meeting the high expectations and requirements of internal customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Experience in web content management systems.
- Experience working in a global environment with sensitivity to cross-cultural communications issues and opportunities.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.