Project Manager Internal Comms
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Project Manager, Internal Communications – Atlanta, GA
This role will support the Internal Communications team to develop and execute campaigns and projects that increase engagement, as well as educate and connect employees to companywide initiatives. This person will collaborate with the enterprise and functional communications lead to partner with business and functional leaders to create and deliver consistent and aligned messages across the organization and manage the strategic delivery of employee communications using a variety of channels (face-to-face, digital, print, video).
How you will impact WestRock:
- Serve as full project manager who oversees and grows our communications content and programs.
- Partner with functional teams to create and deliver messages that educate and connect employees (global, wired and non-wired employees) to our vision, strategy and culture across a variety of communications mediums.
- Create, manage and execute communications plans for functional group initiatives and projects in partnership with communications coordinator.
- Manage multiple communications projects as well as internal and/or external resources to effectively achieve project goals.
- Partner with business and functional leaders to provide communication counsel and coaching to help engage employees in their strategy and priorities, as needed.
- Ensure and drive consistent messaging of all communications vehicles, leveraging the full array of communications solutions (face-to-face, digital, print, video) by serving as editor and copywriter for the development of communication materials.
- Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of communications programs, as well as translate those results into proposed actions to strengthen the planning and execution of future programs.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing/public relations or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of applicable communications or related experience.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to make strategic and thoughtful recommendations to positively impact projects.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Outstanding creative, oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to successfully navigate and achieve results in a high-performing and consistently changing work environment.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.