About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Excellent Opportunity to join WestRock in a SAFE and CLEAN work environment as a Quality Technician located in Sioux City, Iowa. Learn more at www.westrocksiouxlandjobs.com.
Quality Technician – Sioux City, IA
· Audits the Total Quality Management System at the facility.
· Assists in developing and implementing quality systems to improve plant efficiency.
· Ensure quality standards and in-process/final product quality tests and inspections.
· As a member of the team, supports plant quality goals and improvement priorities.
· Interface with crews, supervisors, and management to identify quality needs and resolve issues.
· Follow and enforce documents and procedures.
· Provides training on all quality programs
· Conduct internal audits
· Maintain and update as necessary all documentation and training for certifications.
What you need to succeed:
· Prefer a minimum of 2 years of paper, corrugated and or manufacturing environment
· Prior experience leading quality policies and procedures
· Four year degree in Business Administration, Quality Management, Paper Science or other related field very preferable.
· Must possess strong communication skills at all business levels, both internal and external.
· Effective facilitation, presentation skills and experience facilitating formal and informal training.
· Must possess strong strategic planning and analytical skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.