Material Handler, Merchandising Displays- Winston-Salem, NC
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
5900 Grassy Creek Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27105
The Material Handler – Rural Hall position is responsible for the efficient handling of materials from Manufacturing and outside Suppliers going to our Assembly Plants and Customers
- Responsible for operating Electric Pallet Jacks, Forklifts, Stand-up Reach Trucks, and Sit-down Swing Reach Trucks.
- Complete a daily checklist on Material Handling Equipment (MHE) before the start of the shift.
- Ensure all safety equipment and devices are in place and working properly.
- Safe operation of the MHE within the plant to prevent damage or personal injury.
- Responsible for unloading inbounds, warehousing materials, supplying production lines and loading outbound shipments.
- Checking the trailers to make sure they are safe to use.
- Ensuring materials are properly unitized and marked.
- Accurately checking the quantity and description of the materials handled.
- Loading various size pallets to maximize trailer cube while minimizing in transit damage.
- Completing paperwork associated with the movement of materials in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintaining accurate inventory of all materials and completing daily cycle counts.
- Assisting other areas as need to maintain a team approach.
- May assist as a back up to the Warehouse Clerk when necessary
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Overtime is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have a minimum of two years’ experience on MHE and possess proficient math skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.