The Sr. Procurement Specialist will quote, procure, identify, negotiate, and expedite products at the best price and delivery value for the company. The ideal candidate will have leadership skills and ability to potentially take on a more senior role of leading the site procurement function.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Ensure compliance to all safety, purchasing, stores, and environmental policies and procedures
· Select vendors through appropriate procurement practices, total cost of ownership and compliance guidelines
· Place orders for the inventory of bulk materials, maintenance materials, supplies and equipment for the facility and negotiates local contracts.
· Work with corporate contracts, monitor pricing agreements and deliverables
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams at the facility and implement corporate initiatives
· Participate in continuous improvement initiatives related to overall process and or policy improvements
· Work with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value
· Evaluate and make recommendations for stocking levels or repair parts inventory
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain, Business or Accounting preferred)
· 5 to 10 years of direct purchasing experience preferably in a large organization with multiple locations.
· Proficient computer skills (including MS Office, most importantly Excel and Word. Also experience with purchase order software and enterprise software systems)
· Experience working across all organizational levels
· Has developed contract terms and conditions in conjunction with company standards and legal guidance.
· Proven negotiation skills
· Understanding of Procurement Best Practices and Inventory management
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans