Supply Chain Lead - Richmond, VA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Supply Chain Lead - Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
As part of the Supply Chain Team within the Consumer Mill System, this position is responsible for and will have ownership of the supply chain activities for their assigned Line of Business (LOB).
Duties include providing thorough diagnostic of current state of the supply chain network for the LOB, performing analysis of improvement potential and evaluation of requirements to achieve efficiencies, and being actively involved in ensuring that recommendations are implemented and structured to promote long term viability. The Supply Chain Lead will be actively involved in strategies around inventory management, Sales & Operations Planning, optimal transportation modes, and overall supply chain performance and its impact on our customers. A significant requirement will be to develop, in conjunction with other resources within the LOB and Consumer Packaging, a service model which will drive increased Customer Engagement and profitability to WestRock.
How you will impact WestRock
- Develop necessary metrics to regularly gauge the health of the supply chain in cost and customer satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with all LOB functions to ensure revenue/cost/profit and growth objectives are achieved as part of Total Cost of Ownership model
- Ensure solutions are enacted and that resources are aligned with the objectives of the LOB
- When appropriate, a global perspective around culture, custom, and business practices will need to be acquired
What you need to succeed
- Ability to efficiently and cost effectively balance the needs of the customer with the goals of WestRock
- 4-6 years of Supply Chain experience in logistics, customer service, planning and/ or scheduling desired
- Excellent communications (both written and verbal)
- Combination of technical skills and business acumen are a necessity
- Strong aptitude for building consensus in the decision making process
- Flexibility in looking at different approaches to tough problems – creativity and out of the box thinking; critical thinking skills
- Process-driven, with strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to think long term (5-10 years) with a complete, global perspective
- Possess commercial vision and outstanding creativity
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully within a large, collaborative, and matrixed structure
- Strong team-building skills and organizational abilities
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly collaborative style, and leadership skills that reflect integrity, transparency, communication, enthusiasm, self-confidence, and loyalty
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Lean experience preferred
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.