About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT Procurement Specialist - Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
IT Procurement Specialist – Norcross, GA
The IT Procurement Specialist is responsible for the requisitioning and purchase of materials and equipment for WestRock. He/she has specific responsibility for coordinating the IT maintenance renewal process, responding to related inquiries, maintaining vendor/source information, supporting transactional procurement activities and providing value added information to internal IT stakeholders.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Coordinates the IT maintenance renewal process and collaborates with IT Finance, Asset Management and Procurement to ensure that the maintenance renewal process is accurate, timely and streamlined.
- Receives requests for IT hardware, software and maintenance, enters requisitions into JD Edwards and processes requisitions into purchase orders.
- Corresponds with approvers, vendors and customers regarding status of change requests, requisitions and purchase orders.
- Maintains purchasing documents, files and records (e.g. vendor files, invoices, etc.) to ensure the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Produces monthly accrual for maintenance and service by established deadline.
- Builds strong relationships with vendors to ensure component quality commitments and reasonable costs are met.
- Executes transactional contracts across a variety of services related categories.
- Provides sourcing support to category managers and business stakeholders.
- Participates in analyzing proposals, selecting vendors and negotiating favorable terms.
- Creates contract summaries for internal departments.
- Delivers value to the organization by identifying and leading cost savings and cost avoidance opportunities.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in purchasing or related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all employees across multiple business units and functional areas.
- Experience with corporate ERP systems (preferably JD Edwards) and call management system.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate within a team environment.
- Excellence in demonstrating attention to detail and accountability.
- Background in purchasing of IT hardware, software and maintenance
- Experience performing general procurement tasks related to contracts and negotiations is preferred.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.