About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Warehouse Lead - Lexington, NC
101 Lexington Pkwy
Lexington, North Carolina, 27295
How you will impact WestRock:
• Creates and assigns shipping schedules.
• Oversees delivery of materials to appropriate departments.
• Oversees and provides guidance toward accurate and timely material and service receipts.
• Oversees and provides guidance regarding accuracy of shipping paperwork, including but not limited to bills of lading, customs paperwork, and parcel airway bills.
• Schedules outbound trucks and deliveries; monitors shipment dates to ensure timely delivery, expedites as needed and communicates variances to customer.
• Assists employees that are below departmental standards to meet their goals.
• Remains current on all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and reviews SOPs with departmental employees as needed.
• Develops and refines job functions within the department while demonstrating techniques for helping employees improve.
• Participates in the selection, training, development and appraisal of personnel.
• Takes an active role in training new employees.
• Measures and tracks departmental metrics.
• Assists with maintaining daily attendance records.
• Customizes cartons/skids for customer specific needs.
• Observes, identifies, and documents issues that impede productivity.
• Conducts internal/informal weekly audits of each area and reports results to appropriate personnel.
• Develops problem-solving initiatives for workflow and efficiency improvements.
• Provides floor feedback on departmental issues.
• Assists shipping clerks and material handlers during absences and heavy delivery days.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as external customers.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
• Must have minimum two years’ related experience.
• Must have or be able to obtain a fork lift license.
• Must have knowledge of safety programs, including handling of chemical solvents and hazardous materials.
• Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondences, and memos.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must have strong mathematical skills.
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be capable of maintaining good attendance.
• Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.