About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
CDL Driver - Lexington, NC
101 Lexington Pkwy
Lexington, North Carolina, 27295
How you will impact WestRock-MPS
• Checks truck safety before start of every shift and completes log sheet.
• Tracks maintenance of vehicles and trailers.
• Creates bills of lading for shipments.
• Wraps and loads pallets according to daily schedule.
• Delivers shipments to customers consistent with customer expectations, safety policies, and as a professional
representative of MPS.
• Maintains safe driving record and adheres to all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to the safe operation of vehicle.
• Performs other job duties as needed.
What you need to succeed
Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, Class A, B, or C, whichever is appropriate for company vehicle type.
• Must have and maintain a good driving record; record will be checked at least annually.
• Must report any moving violations on his/her driving record as they occur.
• Must be able to pass random drug testing and DOT physical.
• Must have knowledge of mechanics especially with regards to the semi-truck and trailer.
Must have strong mathematical skills to confirm counts are accurate.
• Must have good communications skills to interact with customers.
• Must have good decision making skills.
• Must pass basic reading test.
• Must have basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Must be self-motivated and self-managed.
• Must be able to problem solve.
• Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.