Shipping Supervisor- Lancaster, OH
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Shipping Supervisor- Lancaster, OH
1290 Campground Road
Lancaster, Ohio, 43130
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible to ensure efficient operation of the shipping department by partnering with scheduling, operations, and freight providers to ensure the on-time delivery of product to customers.
- Coordinate with 3rd party freight provider to schedule runs in the most cost-efficient and time-saving manner possible.
- Supervise Forklift Operators in the daily routine of loading trucks neatly and to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
- Attend daily Scheduling Meeting and assist the Plant Scheduler in meeting our customers’ requirements.
- Prepare work orders for and coordinate repairs of trucks, trailers, forklifts, dock plates, and dock doors.
- Coordinate with Sales Service the delivery of the customer orders on time.
- Keep upper management informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of your department.
- Enforce corrective action procedures when applicable and conduct meetings with the violating employees and union representatives.
- Conduct weekly Production/Safety meetings with departmental personnel.
- Adheres to daily production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, delivery and service goals.
- Communicate with necessary supervision to avoid problems between shift changes.
- Establish high morale within department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems. Maintain confidentiality.
- Develop strong rapport with various freight lines.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including union contract safety program, and good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written instruction. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of management.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions, both oral and written.
Associate’s degree (AS) or Bachelor’s degree (BA) preferred; or one or more years related experience and/or training in the field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.