About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Shipping Clerk, Split Shift, Hicksville-Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Multi Packaging Solutions a division of WestRock, is a leading, global, provider of value-added specialty packaging, is seeking a Shipping Clerk to work in our Hicksville, NY Plant. Our customers are among the most recognized brands in the world. If it’s time for change, or if you are ready for the next big step in your career, then apply with Multi Packaging Solutions today!
GENERAL PURPOSE: Prepare orders for shipment including manual or computerized record keeping and paperwork requirements. Determine the best shipping method to assure timely, cost-effective, undamaged deliveries. Receive incoming shipments according to established procedures. Schedule all inbound and outbound products and/or other materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Accurately records material counts to be shipped.
· Coordinates daily shipping schedule with customer service, purchasing, and production personnel.
· Notifies appropriate personnel if outgoing shipments will be delayed.
· Prepares and loads materials in a manner that will ensure safe delivery following job ticket and/or customer packing specifications.
· Generates packing slips, bills of lading, customer documents, and commercial invoice COAs.
· Prepares UPS orders for shipment including all associated paperwork, recordkeeping, and labeling.
· Ensures final inspection has been performed prior to shipping.
· Determines best shipping method utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
· Maintains accurate records.
· Properly labels all shipments.
· Maintains incoming and outgoing inventory records for specified customer accounts.
· Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages.
· Responsible for the accuracy of information on packing slips.
· Notifies appropriate personnel of incoming shipments.
· Stores received materials in proper storage area or routes to proper department.
· Stacks the job in a safe and proper manner.
· Uses hand lift truck to carry pallets and operates forklift to move or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
· Assists in inventory counts as scheduled.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, 6S procedures, and regulations.
· Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.); or 6-12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office components.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of loading techniques.
- Must have the ability to operate a label machine.
- Must have the ability to operate the FedEx and UPS meter machines.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position is eligible for shift premium.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.