About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Receiving Clerk, Hicksville - Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Multi Packaging Solutions a division of WestRock, is a leading, global, provider of value-added specialty packaging, is seeking a Receiving Clerk to work in our Hicksville, NY Plant. Our customers are among the most recognized brands in the world. If it’s time for change, or if you are ready for the next big step in your career, then apply with Multi Packaging Solutions today!
GENERAL PURPOSE: Maintain an organized and clean warehouse. Accurately track material movements in and out of the warehouse in hard copy and by making the appropriate entries into the computer. Participate in cycle counts of inventory and yearly physical inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Follows all standard operating procedures and work instructions.
· Follows all safety rules.
· Verifies that the schedule deliveries are due in.
· Verifies that the product being unloaded matches the BOL that is attached to load.
· Maintains a basic knowledge of operations and procedures for the receiving of materials into the warehouse.
· Handles chemical solvents and hazardous materials in accordance with trained standards.
· Assists in maintaining inventory including cycle counts for raw materials.
· Assists with timely and accurate period cycle counts.
· Assists with the complete monthly physical inventory process.
· Assists with the resolution of inventory discrepancies.
· Receives all inbound material daily.
· Ensures that materials are issued to appropriate job.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must have 6-12 months related experience and/or training, manufacturing environment preferred.
· Must have good organizational skills.
· Must be able to work well in a team environment.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos.
· Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Must have basic personal computer skills.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans