Indirect Sourcing Manager - Evadale, TX
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Indirect Sourcing Manager - Evadale, TX
Evadale, Texas, 77615
Indirect Sourcing Manager – Evadale, TX
The Indirect Sourcing Manager – Paperboard Operations is responsible for optimizing the value delivered by our supply agreements and supplier relationships. Located in our Evadale, TX mill operations site and reporting into our Richmond, VA Indirect Sourcing Director, this role is responsible for setting priorities and managing strategic sourcing activity in the areas of capital, production consumables and local services. The Indirect Sourcing Manager brings sourcing support to capital projects, maintenance projects and manages all service providers to the mill. The role owns a portion of the mill production consumables contracts and is responsible for driving results through our supplier value maximization program (SVM) on all categories. Locally, the role brings outstanding service and value by being highly collaborative with all mill stakeholders, especially engineering, maintenance and PEx (Performance Excellence). At a corporate level, the role is responsible for effective communication and reporting of local supplier activity and proactively driving engagement with their peers and partners in the Richmond, VA and Atlanta, GA based team.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR COMPANY
● Collaboration with stakeholders to determine critical specifications and service requirements
● Maintain 18 month plan / outlook to achieve strategic goals and anticipate needs for capital and services.
● Spend analysis to develop deep understanding of supply environment and increase leverage
● Extensive understanding of local and national supply markets to maximize value
● Mastery of our Capital Sourcing processes and procedures to drive value and manage risk
● Leading RFP’s and review of competitive proposals from suppliers for award decisions
● Mastery of our contracting process, including developing and leading negotiations of complex agreements in partnership with legal, compliance, risk, supply chain and others.
● Key point of escalation and primary negotiator to resolve mill issues with service providers
● Collaboration with peers to identify and adopt demonstrated best practices
● Drive integration between company and key suppliers in developing joint productivity
● Lead continuous improvement to drive meaningful changes in process, supplier or material as appropriate to meet sourcing strategy and Business objectives
● Lead ad-hoc sourcing teams comprised of cross-divisional and cross-functional members
● Develop project plans, deliverables, metrics and milestones.
● Implement process disciplines and management systems necessary to achieve desired results
● Manage governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protect company assets and comply with corporate and regulatory policies
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
● Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or 10 years related experience
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry
● Experience in sourcing and procurement of capital equipment and services is highly desirable
● Proven results in managing and executing maintenance or capital projects
● Ability to work both independently and as part of a broader sourcing team
● Demonstrated ability to develop and articulate a vision and influence others to act
● Ability to effectively communicate across multiple organizational levels and business groups.
● Ability to multi-task effectively and bring initiatives to successful completion
● Must be willing to travel approximately, up to 15%.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.