Supply Planner - Atlanta, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Supply Planner - Atlanta, GA
3950 Shackleford Rd, Hampton Green
Duluth, Georgia, 30096
The Supply Planner position is responsible for managing inventory planning, service and supply chain related functions within an assigned group of corrugated container plants. The purpose of the role is to drive supply chain excellence in the form of increased service rates at optimized inventory levels at the lowest cost to serve. This position will require up to 10% travel.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, a quick learner and must have very strong analytical thinking skills and be willing to take on a task and develop the process while implementing. The individual should understand the concept of influencing and motivating others. This individual is comfortable working with sometimes competing objectives (customer service levels, working capital targets).
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work both independently and with the business unit team to improve the forecasting strategy and coordinate new product demand and customer and seasonal changes into inventory needs
- Short and long-term inventory planning that optimizes inventory levels, plant efficiency, costs and service levels. This includes participating in a collaborative, cross functional, Sales Planning process; measuring and developing actionable improvement plans for key performance metrics
- Provide short term plan adjustments as necessary in response to unexpected events
- Creating metrics scorecards and reporting solutions
- Managing inventory health – slow moving and discontinued tons
- Reconcile plant demand with manufacturing and distribution capabilities, enabling a rapid response to changing requirements
- Developing a clear understanding of the plant’s supply chain and effectively managing inventory within that supply chain; includes managing inventory levels to plant floor and receiving capacity
- Understanding the market conditions for our products; financial and customer pressures are continuous factors affecting service to both internal and external customers
- Developing and maintaining a relationship with Plant Planners to ensure product availability and zero stock-outs of critical SKU's
- Establish inventory planning factors to support target inventory levels and objectives
- Utilize the related planning systems to support inventory planning and positioning
- Use inventory reduction theory and analysis to improve inventory investment performance
- Coordinate seasonal SKU planning, and assist plants with forecasting strategy and new products
- Identify and communicate inventory and service risks related to forecast changes or demand variability
- Facilitate improved forecast accuracy by analyzing the quality of market intelligence and continuous improvement of forecasting tools/methods
- Perform sensitivity analysis of changes to plant product mix (gain/loss of customers, items, machines, etc.)
- Identify, communicate and resolve problems associated with inventory that is slow moving and discontinued to maximize our return in a timely manner
- Maintain, review and update monthly inputs used to calculate safety stocks and inventory targets
- Provide direction to mill’s production planning and business leaders in order to optimize roll stock fulfillment
- Track and reconcile weekly/monthly metrics versus established targets
- Execute the master plan to maintain the established stocking levels in the locations and quantities defined and determined
- Proactively resolve service issues to maintain service levels
- Anticipate plant requirements and integrate those requirements into Rock-Tenn’s supply chain practices
- Collaborate with Plant Planners on paper needs and schedule changes
- Communicate short/long term issues with paper availability to the appropriate level
- Understand business/division objectives and develop work objectives to align with business objectives
- Utilize data from various sources for optimal decision making
- Advise on and implement process improvements
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Emphasis in one of the following: Supply Chain Management; Operations Management; Mathematics is preferred.
- 0-3 years in planning / inventory management in manufacturing with a board range of products and customers
- In-depth knowledge of Excel and forecasting tools
- Multi-site inventory management is a plus
- Must possess superior communication skills
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.