Buyer- Dallas, Tx
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Buyer- Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Procures materials and services for various departments throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Initiates and executes purchase orders.
· Negotiates and maintains competitive pricing for responsible materials and services.
· Establishes and maintains performance objectives for responsible suppliers.
· Ensures consistent quality for responsible materials.
· Facilitates RFQ’s.
· Maintains inventory levels consistent with corporate guidelines.
· Coordinates required procurement communications across corporate companies as needed.
· Maintains an effective and timely feedback mechanism to suppliers on service and quality performance.
· Corrects discrepancies between purchase orders and supplier invoices in a timely manner.
· Assists in the development of material specifications for current and new products.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
· A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, supply chain or a related field is preferred.
· Must have minimum of 2 years of procurement experience or related materials management responsibilities.
· Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
· Must have ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
· Must have ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
· Must have ability to use basic algebra and geometry to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, proportion, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
· Must be proficient in personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
· Must have ability to answer the telephone and provide information/assistance to customers in a professional manner.
· Must have knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including, but not limited to, telephone communications, office systems and record keeping.
· Must have ability to establish, maintain, and retrieve information in databases.
· Must be reliable and dependable.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.