About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The focus of the Production Scheduler position is the scheduling of the plant production. The Production Planner works closely with Customer Service, Production, and Shipping staff to manage the plant production schedule in a manner that allows for an orderly flow of production to customers, while minimizing costs.
- Monitoring and effectively utilizing the receiving capabilities of the individual internal box plants to maintain appropriate inventory levels while scheduling open orders
- Effectively employing the master schedule, ensuring orders are scheduled and sequenced to meet on-time delivery and the order fulfillment objectives of the business unit
The following is a list of regular duties performed by the Production Planner:
- Works with Supply Chain Planners to maintain a steady board supply to the plant in an effort to eliminate order bunching, while ensuring no stock outs of required grades and width
- Effectively use the Kiwiplan Scheduling Software to manage order backlogs focused on on-time delivery to the end customers while maintaining high levels of efficiency on production equipment
- Communicates regularly and effectively with mills and Customer Service Representative’s to ensure runs are sequenced to meet customer/company objectives
- Continually monitors plant schedule adherence and execution through effective parameter maintenance
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in scheduling/planning in a process manufacturing environment
- Industry/corrugated experience required
Experience with Kiwiplan Software preferred
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.