Warehouse Lead - 1st Shift - Centennial - Colorado
6446 S. Kenton St, Ste 220
Centennial, Colorado, 80111
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Warehouse Lead - 1st Shift - Centennial – Colorado
Provide support to the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor in the day-to-day operations of the department.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Remains current on all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and reviews SOPs with departmental employees as needed.
· Develops and refines job functions within the department while demonstrating techniques for helping employees improve.
· Takes an active role in training new employees.
· Observes identifies, and documents issues that impede productivity and safety.
· Identifies problem-solving initiatives for workflow and efficiency improvements.
· Provides floor feedback on departmental issues.
· Loads and unloads trucks making deliveries.
· Verifies that the product being unloaded matches the BOL and packing slip.
· Maintains knowledge of shipping and receiving.
· Operates a forklift.
· Handles hazardous materials and chemical solvents in accordance with trained standards.
· Assists with physical inventory process.
· Ensures that materials are issued to appropriate jobs.
· Conducts cycle counts.
· Ensures inventory accuracy for all raw materials, Work In Progress, parts, and finished goods.
· Accurately records material counts to be shipped.
· Prepares UPS/FedEx orders for shipment including all associated paperwork, recordkeeping, and labeling.
· Assists Receiving Clerks and Material Handlers in the day to day functions.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
· Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must have minimum two years’ related experience.
· Must have knowledge of safety programs.
· Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondences, and memos.
· Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Must have strong mathematical skills.
· Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Must be capable of maintaining good attendance.
· Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.