Multi Packaging Solutions is a print-based specialty packaging business within WestRock that focuses on healthcare and high-end consumer markets, including confectionery, cosmetics, premium spirits and media packaging. This business provides its customers with an extensive array of premium folding cartons, inserts, labels and rigid packaging across a variety of substrates and finishes. For more information, visit www.westrock-mps.com.
For our plant in Gent or Bornem we are currently looking for an experienced
Purchasing Manager - Belgium and Netherlands
Position Highlight: The Purchasing Manager is responsible for developing and managing the purchasing process across the three sites in Belgium and Netherlands in order to deliver significant cost benefit to the business cluster and manage supply chain risk. Therefore an essential ability is to be able to drive improvement and initiatives and develop effective working relationships with site stakeholders and business units, category managers and peers within the procurement function as well as managing a team of two site purchasing personnel.
How You Will Impact WestRock
- Responsibility for the performance of the inbound supply chain into the 3 sites at Bornem, Gent and Oss.
- Lead, support & coordinate supply chain cost reduction initiatives across the business cluster
- Provide support to the sites in relation to any purchase and supply chain issues, and escalate as appropriate.
- Review and implement site purchasing processes (procure to pay process) to ensure efficient and consistent methods are adopted with best practice shared across the sites.
- Manage & develop two direct reports.
- Operate at different levels, supporting sites with PO issues at one level to negotiating significant supplier contracts.
- Audit site purchases to ensure adherence to group/regional/site supply agreements.
- Ensure key supplier performance is managed in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Work with sites to improve working capital, in particular direct material stocks.
- Gather, analyse and provide site supply chain data to support local, regional and group initiatives.
- Maintain procurement information and contract files specific to the business cluster and region.
- Provide a monthly purchasing update.
- Ensure that early payment and other discounts/rebates are maximised and are being received across the sites.
What You Need To Succeed
- Minimum of 3 years experience of purchasing and supply chain management in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- People management experience
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, influencing and negotiating skills
- Organisational and priority management skills.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft and PECAS or similar ERP systems
- Sound commercial and financial awareness
- Presentation/communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects across several locations
- Fluent English and Dutch
What We Offer
- Exciting people to work with
- Work in a multinational context
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential