Material Handler- Bolingbrook,IL
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler- Bolingbrook,IL
MWV and RockTenn have come together to form WestRock. WestRock makes consumer and corrugated packaging solutions that give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with customers on everything from beverage packs and pizza boxes to trigger sprayers and fragrance pumps to paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together.
Every day, our 42,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in about 275 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs. We expect to win as a company and lead the industry by achieving success together with our customers, employees and investors.
The Material Handler position has primary responsibility for loading and unloading trucks; warehousing product and materials and supplying production lines with requested product and/or components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Inspect forklift daily at the start of the shift insuring all safety features are operational.
- Complete checklist documenting inspection.
- Safe operation of forklift, moving materials throughout the facility. Assure all materials shipped and
warehoused are handled in a manner that prevents damage.
- Load and unload trucks; warehouse products and materials.
- Use an RF scanner for receipts, issues to lines, returns, and bar code locations.
- Verify all counts, quantities and descriptions of products and materials received, shipped or warehoused.
- Service production lines, delivering product and/or components as requested.
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork associated with the movement of product and materials.
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the warehouse and the loading docks.
- Perform regular inventory and cycle counts.
- Safely change forklift propane tanks and/or batteries as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Assigned over time is mandatory
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.