Supply Chain Manager- Smyrna GA
4850B North Church Lane
Atlanta, Georgia, 30339
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Supply Chain Manager – Smyrna, GA
This role is responsible for providing leadership of the Sites Operational supply chain function including planning, procurement, materials management, and logistics in an engineer to order manufacturing environment. The Supply Chain manager leads the Supply Chain team and sets the strategic vision as well as tactical execution, and develops metrics, reporting dashboards, and communication of supplier performance to ensure quality on time delivery. Partners with the various site operational functions and Westrock’s Strategic Sourcing function to ensure highly efficient lean supply chain execution in terms of material cost, quality, delivery and inventory for the division. Provides leadership encouraging team members to develop and apply their talents to reach their full potential. Actively drives our Lean / Six Sigma journey by developing continuous improvement skills and executing on projects.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
- Leads by example, safety and accountability are a fundamental responsibility of each team member
- Ensures safe and healthful working conditions and an organized work environment.
- Support the Vision, Mission & Values of WestRock Safety and operational Programs.
- Design and implement improvements to the Supply Chain to support the growth and customer go-to-market strategies. Improve responsiveness to customers and reduce operating expenses and working capital.
- Assess supply chain team to ensure effective leadership, and appropriate staffing, structure, skills sets and training to meet goals and evolving business needs.
- Develop inventory management strategies and programs to ensure maximum inventory turns, best price, high quality and consistent support to just in time style manufacturing and high availability aftermarket.
- Work with key members of the supply chain, new product development, engineering, manufacturing, service and other key functional areas of the business to develop, establish and implement the supply chain processes/metrics, guidelines and policies
- Drive relentless focus and organizational execution on following key supply base metrics: Delivery (OTD), Inventory, Supplier Quality, Cost (Material Savings)
- Manage the day-to-day Supply Chain and Materials Management functions to achieve key metrics – on time, at planned cost and quality
- Manage the operational logistics function including import/export
- Participate with Strategic Sourcing initiatives to develop and execute the best value global supply chain for the machinery division
- Drive and ensure suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives including lead time reduction, flexibility to schedules, quality improvement & inventory reduction.
- Review and ensure that the appropriate financial metrics are monitored, and proper fiscal controls are in place to maximize cost savings throughout the function.
- Develop and automate key metrics and ensure continuous improvement to metrics over time.
What You need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: Procurement, Logistics, Business Engineering or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of Supply Chain and operations experience including in-depth knowledge in the following areas: Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning, Tactical Procurement (Buying), Inventory Optimization, Operational Logistics and Supply Chain Strategy Development & Implementation
- Proven Leadership and people management experience
- Strong background and understanding of the following in a manufacturing environment:
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with fabrication, machining, mechanical components and assemblies preferred
- Experience developing and deploying supply chain strategies
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.