About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Manager Energy Supply - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
At WestRock, we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 45,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 300 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs.
WestRock is seeking a Senior Manager Energy Supply to support the company’s centralized strategy pertaining to the company’s energy procurement activities.
This senior position, working with the Director Energy Supply Management and others within the Energy Management Group, is an integral part of WestRock’s effort develop and execute strategies to reduce costs by coordinating energy supply cost reduction initiatives across North America and the world. Our group is involved in Natural Gas, Electricity, Oil, Coal and Biomass usage at paper mills and various converting plants. This position is based at our Northpark campus in Sandy Springs, GA. This position is primarily supply side related, but some demand side experience is desired.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with various touch points across the company including Operations, Engineering and Accounting to develop energy management strategy and execute related activity to deliver results
- Develop and Manage strategies for Corporate-wide energy supply cost reductions
- Administer comprehensive energy procurement programs - includes conducting RFP’s, analyzing market intelligence, negotiating contracts and maintaining contract documentation
- Coordinate and/or Lead utility project development and implementation such as Utility supply upgrades, self-generation issues and Alternative Fuel Source projects.
- Represent the Energy Management Group in Energy related audits
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all WRK Mills concerning Energy Supply and Energy Best Practices.
- Recommend improvements to infrastructure equipment such as Air Compressors, Boilers, Chillers, Lighting systems for consumption reductions
- Provide documentation of energy supply group activities.
- Forecast budgetary impact and track actual savings
- Maintain, distribute and review with Management monthly progress against targets and projects.
- Work with internal customers to ensure needs of facilities and division engineering are met within constraints of corporate policies.
- Provide fact based understanding of bottom line benefit of all decisions and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key suppliers
- Work with stakeholders to ensure savings are incorporated into annual operating plans
- Responsible for identifying energy cost saving opportunities and complete or assist in analysis to determine potential upside and a path to achieve.
- Understand market trends, supplier base, and supplier economics
- Assists in development of energy skills, tools and capabilities at the local level.
- Insure compliance of internal WestRock policies and procedures.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Technical Degree preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years of energy related professional experience
- Ability to form strategic internal and external relationships
- Cross-functional team player with the leadership skills needed to influence, negotiate and work collaboratively with others.
- Detailed knowledge of energy and basic converting plant operations
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulated and Deregulated energy and the tariffs that apply to them
- Knowledge and understanding of Energy Procurement Strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of Mill and Power House operations
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper or related industry
- Strong negotiation and project management skills with ability to plan and execute critical programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.