About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Logistics Planner - Atlanta/Sandy Springs, GA
We are looking for a Logistics Planner who will bring creative solutions and new ideas to existing processes and procedures. The ideal person will provide effective coordination and execution of inbound and outbound freight movements for external customer, internal customer, and supplier shipments. This position will travel up to 5% travel and will require occasional night and weekend work.
- Responsible for the daily execution of inbound/outbound shipments for selected facilities and suppliers
- Responsible for achieving all fiscal year financial and performance goals and objectives
- Manage transportation events to ensure manufacturing, supplier and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for weekly service metric review for selected facilities; including cost, on-time performance, route guide compliance, carrier capacity, spot shipment performance, etc.
- Ensure carrier receipt and response of daily load tenders
- Perform daily outbound and inbound load tendering process
- Track loads and hold carriers accountable to on-time pick-up and delivery
- Communicate frequently with internal / external customers and carriers
- Identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage carrier trailer pools at selected facilities and suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in Supply Chain
- Must possess industry knowledge and terminology, strong communication and analytical skills with the ability to quickly analyze problem situations and make fact based decisions,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; expertise in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Candidates experience with Transportation Management Systems required (Oracle Transportation Management System preferred).
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, and negotiations skills
- Ability to set priorities, achieve deadlines, and manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Task oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Thorough understanding of transportation modes and solutions
- Familiarity with Routing and Scheduling software
- Transportation Management System experience required (Preferably, Oracle Transportation Management)
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.