About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Capital Procurement Planning and Execution, Level I- Atlanta, GA
This position reports to the Capital Procurement Planning and Execution Sr. Manager and is located at our corporate location in Atlanta, GA.
Capital Procurement Planning and Execution, Level I is responsible for participating in cross-functional teams in capital sourcing strategies to drive Total Cost of Ownership reductions; develop and manage suppliers for contract compliance and ongoing improvement opportunities. The position will be directly involved with preparation and issuance of requests for information and proposals for the purchase of capital goods and services; will assist in the development of scopes of work; identify and recommend potential suppliers; develop and execute proper contracts and documents necessary for the procurement and risk management of purchases; negotiate final terms, conditions and pricing of goods and services and work closely with project management and engineering.
- Responsible for managing $1MM - $50MM spend on Capital Projects
- Develop and execute proper RFX, contracts and documents
- Negotiate terms and conditions, delivery and pricing of Capital goods and services
- Participate in cross-functional teams in design and implementation of sourcing strategies
- Work with division engineering to ensure adequate spec documentation and determine proper spec owner
- Understand market trends, supplier base, and supplier economics for category
- Follow sourcing best practices and policies as defined by Procurement Policies and procedures
- Participate supplier selection and negotiation process
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key suppliers
- Monitors business unit satisfaction with key suppliers and support resolution of issues
- Remains current with market trends and internal customer needs through relationships with suppliers and market experts
- Identifies and communicates new technologies and solutions
- Develop analyst skills and capabilities
- Actively participates in monthly Engineering meetings for assigned facilities or if assigned to a single major project, participates in all meetings designated by Management
- Responsible for maintaining, distributing and reviewing with procurement & Project Management monthly progress against targets and projects.
- Works with internal customers to ensure project and procurement needs of facilities and division engineering are met within constraints of corporate policies.
- Provides fact-based understanding of bottom line benefit of all decisions and opportunities.
- Responsible to identify and record cost savings and cost avoidance
- Insures compliance of internal controls as it relates to both WestRock and Containerboard Mill Division policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Purchasing, Supply Chain or Business discipline, or Engineering
- 0- 3 years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.