About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Global Technical Sales Leader, Packaging Machinery Systems - Atlanta, GA
4850B North Church Lane
Smyrna, Georgia, 30080-7210
While Atlanta, GA and Richmond, VA are preferred locations, the high travel(domestic and international) demands of this role allow for it to operate within 90 minutes of an international airport.
The Global Packaging Systems business is a vital piece of the enterprise solution strategy by building and deploying machines globally. These machines bring our company’s and customer’s products together for the consumer. This specific role is a part of the Global Packaging Systems business with flexibility around the base location.
The primary purpose of the Global Technical Sales Leader position is two-fold: Responsibility for supporting the regional sales teams across all regions on all new business development for packaging equipment & system solutions and the overall management coordination of the machinery project managers based at the company’s two machinery manufacturing sites. The incumbent will be responsible for all follow-up on new orders to ensure proper project panning has been established to allow the build sites to deliver on time in full delivery of our new machinery systems for the customer. There will be three position levels based on the individual’s experience, knowledge, performance and other distinguishing variables, as indicated below.
Reporting to the VP, Global Packaging Systems, the Technical Sales Support Manager will facilitate and drive the sales growth for the business. Also, s/he will participate on teams to advance the Business and continuously improve our sales process.
How You Will Impact WestRock
· Grow net revenue and volume generation by supporting the sales team to pursue and open new customer accounts and by managing/enhancing revenue and profitability of existing accounts by:
· Identifying and recommending optimized technical machinery solutions to customers that promote our differentiation strategy through the investment in packaging machines and systems
· Partnering with Beverage Sales Reps and other teams within the Beverage division to develop existing and new accounts by the placement of new packaging machines and systems
· Understanding the competitive landscape at each customer opportunity and ensuring that WRK’s technical offer is fit for purpose and that the value provided by our solutions is clear and well-articulated to the customer and our sales teams.
· Providing exposure of technological innovations to internal Beverage Sales Teams, including presentation of Beverage Global Packaging Systems products, services and new developments at territory sales meetings
· Manage both internal and external customer relationships, providing value-added technical support by:
o Ensuring the project managers assigned to each project are delivering well-crafted project plans and that communication to the customer and our sales team is timely and effective
o Answering complex questions as it relates to equipment and services provided by Beverage Global Packaging Systems
o Generating ongoing status reports to ensure contracted/expected volume levels will be actualized
o Providing to the machinery leadership an evergreen view of the competitive landscape on machinery trends and new developments
What You Need to Succeed
· Minimum of 5 years successful sales experience with capital equipment in the packaging industry, preferably related to the packaging industry.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or technical degree, Engineering or technical degree preferred
· Solid knowledge of and experience with packaging machinery and systems used in the food, beverage, and consumer packaged goods industries. Knowledge of beverage lines, a plus.
· Solution seller, relationship builder, hunter mentality, detail oriented, ability to build trust
· Demonstrated business acumen with an understanding of profitability and impacts of decisions to financials
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and build customer relationships
· Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
· Strong electrical/automated aptitude pertaining to machine applications
· Ability to interface with a variety of plant personnel from different disciplines
· Goal oriented and driven to become and impactful contributor to the business
· Willingness to accept a challenge and inclined to take initiative
· Self-managing and ability to execute sales strategies
· Detail oriented, and technically adept
· Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, CAD experience preferred
· Travel worldwide 50- 70%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated technical competence and initiative
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Excellent presentation skills. Broad understanding of equipment, technologies and packaging capabilities relevant to the packaging industry
· Business acumen: Professional approach to problem solving and business
· Ability to provide clarity to complex problems and develop long term packaging solutions
· Ability to manage multiple accounts and deadlines and interact effectively with people from varying functions and levels
· Leadership skills, insightful business judgment
· Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization using the powers of influence to drive successful outcomes
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.