WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Technical Sales Service Representative
Provides technical assistance to WestRock’s Aseptic strategic business unit and its customers. This assistance includes emergency troubleshooting calls (on-site and by phone), conducting plant audits, account maintenance, training, and other customer requested technical services. This individual will have strong information gathering and communication skills, bringing market knowledge from the field back to WestRock Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Development, Production and Sales in order to improve delivered value to the customer. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of the Aseptic Packaging industry. Has the ability to work independently and complete difficult assignments. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Significant travel in the AP region will be required with some international travel.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
- Provides on-site and remote customer services including start ups, troubleshooting, training, and account maintenance visits
- Provides accurate and timely service, audit, quality, and technical consultation
- Assist sales force by making proactive calls
- Provides support and assistance for engineering/design improvements and changes.
- Technical support for innovation projects including trial coverage at customer’s sites.
- Proactively and reactively assisting in process improvement projects both internal and external
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline strongly preferred
- Field service and professional work experience of 5+ years in both TetraPak, SigCombiblock or another Aseptic packaging company
- Knowledge of and adherence to safe work practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in flexographic printing processes and equipment.
- Experience in Aseptic extrusion coating
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic statistical, spreadsheet and word processing skills
- Basic Project Management experience
- Analytical skills such as six sigma or lean manufacturing would be beneficial
- Extensive travel (>60%) with some non-standard work weeks/ hours.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Exciting people to work with (both your colleagues and clients)
- Work in a multinational context
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- Mid-size local team in a comfortable but demanding working environment
- Relevant and important technical role in fast-growing and attractive branch of the packaging industry
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
We are looking forward to receiving your application!