Account Support Specialist - Richmond, VA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Account Support Specialist - Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
Account Support Specialist – Richmond, VA
Account Support Specialist (AS) provides inside sales representation for the project management of all new products (package promotions, new graphics, new die, etc.) internally and externally. Establishes project plan, timeline, scope and logistics, coordinate customer deliverables, and manage customer expectations. Charged with providing a high standard of services, including customer relationship management; complaints management; support to sales department in pre-sale stage; new product project management. Maintains high levels of energy and thrives on solving complex issues and meeting deliverables.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Provide customer support of accounts with up to $50 million in sales revenue.
- Work autonomously in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Project Management: you will take full ownership of customer opportunities and new business projects from start to finish; establish, maintain and drive project scope; and follow up with customers, graphics department, designers, machinery group, and production planning team to hit key timelines
- Respectfully challenge internal and external parties when necessary
- Lead partnership meetings to review relevant data with key customers and develop action plans to address issues and opportunities
- Develop inside sales representation to maintain and improve customer relationships
- Provide clear, concise instruction to manufacturing and production planning regarding the specific detail of promotions, new items, new customer qualifications, innovation project requirements, etc.
- Address and negotiate large inventory shortages or delays with customers offering alternate solutions
- Onboard new accounts in partnership with Commercial Account Manager
- Coordinate and process daily customer orders to ensure total customer satisfaction and on –time delivery
- Coordinate/communicate with key account managers and customers on promotion status, inventory questions, production dates, and shipment information
- Investigate late deliveries and inform customer of delivery status
- Focal point for identifying potential inventory problems and communicating problems to sales managers and production planning group
- Monitor aged inventory and work with sales managers to obtain disposition
- Generate project related quotations and billings
- Manage and take ownership of a 90-day sales forecast based on customer inputs and historical data
- Other customer and team required duties are assigned as need to support the business.
What you need to succeed:
- 4 year college degree
- Experiential knowledge of the customer-supply relationship
- 1-3 years packaging experience preferred
- Supply chain experience strongly preferred
- Ability to travel as required, no more than 10%
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (spreadsheets), presentations, project management
- Strong MS Office skills
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.