Sales Manager - Newark, NJ
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
- Lead a sales team in the NY Metro region and grow net revenue and volume generation by pursing and opening new customer accounts of your own
- Focusing on our customers’ success gives you opportunities to develop your own career along the way
- Use your broad market knowledge of corrugated packaging, technical savvy, and consumer insights to enhance the strength of our customers’ brands
How you will impact WestRock:
- Lead your team to exceed volume and profit goals through new account development, growth in existing accounts, and margin improvement initiatives
- Help your team develop and maintain a sufficient prospect pipeline to meet volume growth objectives
- Ensure target accounts match needs and requirements of the business unit
- Conduct monthly sales meetings and cadence calls with sales representatives
- Lead Talent Management initiatives for assigned sales team
- Work with sales reps to develop pricing and sales strategies for each target account
- Management of expenses, account receivables and warehouse inventories.
- Assist with development of annual budget and monthly forecasts
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 10 years of corrugated sales experience in major metropolitan area
- 5 years of sales leadership preferred
- Documented history of overachieving sales objectives
- Desire to drive sales and lead a sales team
- Computer skills and thorough understanding of Microsoft Office, Salesforce (or another CRM)
- Be a solution seller and relationship builder, have a hunter mentality
- Professional approach to problem solving and business
- Ability to provide clarity to complex problems and develop long term packaging solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and deadlines and interact effectively with people from varying functions and levels
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.