About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
· Possible entrance into a Sale Representative role
· A control point for data accuracy in the estimating and order entry system
· An accurate depiction of the products requested by customers and the material, manufacturing and service costs required to produce such products
· A local pricing knowledge expert
· Analytical pricing and standard cost profitability support for the Business Unit management team
· The determination, documentation, and communication of margin improvement opportunities
· Manages and processes all requests for quotations (RFQ’s) in a timely basis
· Identifies RFQ data omissions and discrepancies and requiring complete and corrected information from New Item Data Sheets
· Creates new item standard cost estimates and any required re-pricing of current items due to changes from original specifications / requirements in Kiwi ESP or changes in manufacturing processes from those that were assumed on earlier quotes
· Utilizes the Pricing Excellence tools to develop and provide pricing guidance for the Business Unit management team to include:
· Pocket Price / UOM - Cost to Serve / UOM - Rebates & Discounts / UOM - Freight / UOM - Total Invoiced Price / UOM
· Enters data documenting won items or changes to existing items into Local Business Operating System
· Reviews National Account quote data as requested by sales management team
· Interprets pricing analytical reports /Creates monthly tracking reports
· Defines, documents, and communicates margin improvement opportunities
· Possesses, or strives to possess, a complete and thorough understanding of all manufacturing processes, equipment and equipment limitations
What you need to succeed:
The candidate for the Pre-Pricing Specialist position must exhibit the following leadership and core competencies to drive industry leading results in Pricing Excellence:
· Customer Focused: Ensure the National Account Team and Business Unit information requirements are accurate and provided on a timely basis
· Champion of and Adapter to Change: Drives innovative business improvements through Pricing Excellence
· Customer Focused: Ensure Business Unit information requirements are accurate and provided on a timely basis. Excels in Customer Service.
· Results Driven: Focuses on the critical core objectives of Pricing Excellence; channels own and others energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
· Fosters Teamwork: Builds and maintains relationships across all functions that motivate, guide, and reinforce the performance of all toward goal accomplishments.
· Technical/Functional Excellence: Continually strives for functional and technical expertise in all aspects of the pricing and estimating process – continuous learning and application.
· Integrative Thinker: Possesses the analytic skill necessary to analyze, manage, and work with large amounts of complex data
· Effective Communicator: Actively listens, analyzes and creates quotes, disseminates information in a timely manner
Bachelor Degree preferred in one of the following fields:
- Business Administration/Finance/Economics/Industrial Engineering or math related discipline
Relevant work history will be strongly considered in lieu of the above desired degree
Ideally, the candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of corrugated customer service experience with responsibilities that included product cost estimation. The candidate must have working knowledge of other department operations and production capabilities / limitations including but not limited to:
· Up to 5% travel. Required to visit facilities bi-monthly.
· Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills - internal and external organization
· Excellent computer skills
· Ability to make independent, effective decisions
· Ability to analyze, design, and recommend margin producing opportunities
· Strong knowledge of industry trends and best practices
· Ability to impact and influence those outside of the department and manage conflict
· Strategic, analytical and detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills, able to prioritize tasks, manage time multiple tasks effectively
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
#CBWRK WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.