About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Area Customer Service Manager - Milpitas, CA
201 S. Hillview Dr
Milpitas, California, 95035
Area Customer Service Manager- Northern California
Multi Site position focused on successfully meeting customer service level targets at lowest total cost. Requires expertise in customer service management, inventory management, order fulfillment, and demand management. Directly responsible for providing leadership, mentoring, coaching and direction to the Customer Service Supervisors at the Fresno, Milpitas and Salinas, CA locations. Requires travel to all locations; reports directly to the Business Unit General Manager. Flexibility to office at location of choice
• Serve as the primary liaison with Sales, Production, and Customer Service staff on the delivery of cost-effective customer service
• Establish working relationship and consistent communication with Business Unit/Area management team (active member of Business Unit steering/leadership team)
• Committed to meeting current and future expectations and requirements of customers, and resolving customer issues that arise
• Prioritization of orders and adjusting of schedules to ensure customer priority requirement are met
• Oversee cost estimating process performed within Customer Service
• Build effective alliances with other WestRock locations to better serve customers that cross multiple plants
• Ensure proper inventory procedures are being followed
• Work with production to resolve customer and manufacturing issues
• Work with BU Managers in conducting capacity planning at a BU level
• Monitor and report results against established key performance indicators including clear weekly reporting metrics
• Assist and coach Customer Service Supervisors in leading their teams
• Enforce employee accountability with regard to safe work environment, quality and efficiency
• Decision Making Abilities: Make appropriate decisions to satisfy customer needs, take appropriate steps to implement decisions
• Vision & Strategy: Creates and delivers a vision of the future to maximize company performance. Communicates strategy/vision in a way that is sharable/inspires others. Effectively translates the business vision and broad strategies into concrete or actionable strategic plan
• Customer Orientation: Ability to operate with the customer's best interest in mind.
• Planning and Organizing: Establishing a course of action for self or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
• Collaboration: Working effectively with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority (such as peers in other units or senior management) to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
• Ethics & Integrity: Behaves in accordance with WestRock values and operating principles at all times, and rewards the same behavior in others. Takes action based upon the best interest of the Company rather than how it affects him/her personally. Builds trust
• Adaptability to Change: Respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information
• Communication Skills: Communicate routinely with Business Unit leadership team and complete written reports as required on a timely basis. Communicate daily with local teams and communicate accurately to others regardless of position or status
• Creativity: Bring improvement ideas to customers and present innovative ideas and solutions
• Initiative: Take action, initiate projects in pursuit of greater profitability, anticipate potential problems and address them early
Bachelors Degree (Business preferred) with at least 5+ years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and