Customer Service Specialist - Lansing, MI
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Service Specialist - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing location is seeking a Customer Service Specialist who will courteously receive all calls coming into the Customer Service phone lines. Accurately enter complete and clear orders from both customers and the sales force, soliciting add-on sales. Monitor progress of orders. Assist customers with all inquiries. Communicate with appropriate individuals as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction.
How you will impact WestRock
· Answers all phone calls quickly and efficiently and exceeds target goals for customer phone contacts.
· Supports sales force with information sharing and customer support.
· Calls customers and/or Reps to get answers to questions on orders.
· Directly enters order, solicits add-on sales, verifies order and views electronic files with every customer contact where available.
· Verifies and/or updates all customer records with every customer contact and/or order entered.
· Enters and/or receives a form of payment with every order initiated.
· Processes/enters all assigned orders received through various means.
· Exceeds target productivity goals for orders entered and ensures accurate/complete information is provided to prevent potential delays in later processes.
· Utilizes credit card program to authorize payment on appropriate orders.
· Meets or exceeds target monthly and yearly metric guidelines for production and accuracy.
· Prints and assembles orders immediately after entry within given guidelines.
· Serves as the primary contact between sales, the customer and internal production operations.
· Provides single point of contact for Strategic Customers and Sales Staff for specific customer and/or order information.
· Communicates customer complaints or inquires to appropriate person to achieve resolution in a timely manner including writing credits when needed.
· Prepares quotation request for estimators and communicates customer-presentable quotes to customers, both internal and external, as required.
· Responsible for continually developing product knowledge, including specials and pricing.
· Provides prompt communication to the customer and sales rep regarding challenges in meeting requested ship dates.
· Effectively communicates customer expectations to Planning and Scheduling.
· Utilizes available tracking reports and forwards weekly to sales reps.
· Facilitates proofing of product layout to customers to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction on designated accounts.
· Assists customers at the request of or in the absence of sales.
· Follows all required guidelines and procedural expectations throughout the supply chain as established.
· Distributes orders in a timely manner within established guidelines.
· Backs up other areas of Customer Service as needed.
· Continually monitors the competition in present industry.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Minimum one year related experience with a high level of customer interaction.
· Proficient in various software applications and certifications, such as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
· Must demonstrate working knowledge of product specifications.
· Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills with internal and external customers
· Must have excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
· Must be accurate and complete in verbal communications and in writing.
· Must be able to function in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.