Customer Service Representative - Lansing, MI
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Service Representative - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing location is seeking a Customer Service Representative who will courteously receive all calls coming into the Customer Service phone lines. Accurately enter orders from both customers and the sales force. Solicit add-on sales. Assist customers with inquiries, samples and catalog requests. Maintain complete customer history information.
How you will impact WestRock
· Answers all phone calls quickly and efficiently and achieve target productivity goals for customer phone contacts.
· Supports sales force with information sharing and customer support.
· Calls customers and/or Reps to get answers to questions on orders.
· Directly enters order, solicits add-on sales, and verifies order with every customer contact.
· Verifies and/or updates all customer records with every customer contact and/or order entered.
· Enters and/or receives a form of payment with every order initiated.
· Processes/enters all assigned orders received through various means and achieves target productivity goals for orders entered.
· Utilizes credit card program to authorize payment on appropriate orders.
· Proofs orders for correct information.
· Responsible for continually developing product knowledge including specials and pricing.
· Prints and assembles orders immediately after entry within given guidelines.
· Communicates customer complaints or inquires to appropriate person to achieve customer resolution in a timely manner, including writing credits when needed.
· Prepares quotation request for estimators and presents customer-presentable quotes for customers both internal and external as required
· Provides basic tech support for customers using web.
· Communicates in a timely manner to other areas with regards to questions on orders.
· Meets target monthly and yearly metric guidelines for production and accuracy.
· Assists customers at the request of or in the absence of sales.
· Follows all required guidelines and procedural expectations throughout the supply chain as established.
· Distributes orders in a timely manner within established guidelines.
· Backs up other areas of Customer Service as needed.
· Performs other job duties, as assigned.
What you need to succeed
· Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.)
· Must have minimum six months to one year related experience
· Must be competent in various software applications and certifications, such as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
· Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and email
· Must demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills
· Must be well-organized and able to manage time efficiently.
· Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be reliable and able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be accurate and thorough when capturing and communicating data.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
· Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.