Customer Service Program Manager - Lansing, MI
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Service Program Manager - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing location is seeking a Customer Service Program Manager who will process requests from sales, product management, and marketing for development and management of products for MPS, individual customers and multi-customer programs. Facilitate all aspects of the process; providing timely information to meet production and scheduling expectations; ensuring customer satisfaction for all internal and external clients while maintaining the highest level of quality and accuracy.
How you will impact WestRock
· Assumes responsibility for all customer and production related requirements on assigned accounts and programs.
· Communicates with CSR’s and/or department managers on all jobs with production requirements in the facility, including but not limited to mailings, fulfillment, automated file transfer fulfillment, custom manufactured products, virtual products, drop shipments and inventory products.
· Oversees and prepares client data files for distributions.
· Develops products with sales and internal departments, determining front end and manufacturing processes as well as substrate requirements.
· Develops project time lines with sales and internal departments, monitoring to ensure on-time delivery.
· Manages cost control, estimates, customer presentations, reporting needs, and communication with sales and customers.
· Initiates, tracks, organizes, and monitors creation, proofing and approval of layout concepts, customer facing templates, and print ready files through development, production, and fulfillment.
· Generates and manages specifications and data related to products and programs for correct processing through systems for proper pricing, reporting, creation, and production.
· Initiates all job ticket instructions and communication on jobs where material is currently in inventory and/or provide by outside supplier.
· Serves as liaison between sales and internal departments as the key communicator and point of contact for all information and issue resolution.
· Assists customers at the request of or in the absence of sales.
· Coordinates with CSR’s on jobs requiring special order materials, and in doing so effectively meets or exceeds budgetary expectations.
· Attends meetings as necessary to review and discuss current and proposed schedules, production results and suggest changes as needed.
· Leads or assists in launch planning of new or special projects.
· Serves as secondary/back up support on accounts that are the primary assignment of other program managers.
· Assists in securing new business.
· Participates in customer visits and presentations on and off site as needed.
· Shifts duties and responsibilities as required, supporting changes in client needs or business strategies.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- 2 years' experience in industry related field preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.); Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must have advanced computer skills (Microsoft Windows and Office-Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Must be able to pass an Excel test at the intermediate skill level.
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to resolve problem situations quickly.
- Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must have ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.