1st Shift Key Account Manager - Lansing, MI
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st Shift Key Account Manager - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Maintain, develop and grow relationships with new and existing customers, distributors, breeders and buyers, within the greenhouse and nursery industry. Manage agreed upon sales strategies and identify new programs and products that are in alignment with customer needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and grows sales within a specified territory or with an assigned list of customers.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships within the Horticultural industry.
- Gains a strong understanding of the needs of current accounts and provides them with solutions to enhance the sales opportunities with each account.
- Works directly with Program management to develop creative solutions for individual accounts.
- Demonstrates valuable market and product knowledge.
- Maintains a computerized system to track prospect activity and successes.
- Submits orders accurately/completely to maximize sales potential in the field and minimize time involved with order processing and errors associated with orders.
- Works with management to price all products appropriately and thus maximize sales and profitability for the company.
- Submits monthly territory reports as designed by management.
- Develops and reports competitive information on market conditions, new product ideas, account potential, industry trends and sales strategies.
- Travels regularly to meet key customers face-to-face.
- Performs on site inventory evaluations, product trials and store checks in the field at regular intervals throughout the fiscal year.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Must have a minimum six months of sales experience; field horticultural experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers.
- Must be able to competently use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong time management, interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, and collaborative selling skills.
- Must be able to multi-task while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must be able to compile data and help manage marketing campaigns that can be used via electronic mail.
- Must have or be able to quickly learn a basic understanding of design, composition, proofreading, and the printing process.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Must be able to use basic math in order to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, commissions, proportions, percentages, occasional weights and measurements.
- Must be able to answer the telephone and provide information or assistance to customers.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Employee is required to: sit, stand, walk, talk, see, and hear.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.