About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Service Representative - Deer Park, NY
140 West Industry Court
Deer Park, New York, 11729
· The Customer Service Representative serves as an extension of the sales team with responsibilities for supporting an assigned customer account base
· Process orders and new items received from customers and sales team on a timely basis, using various technology applications
· Enter information into estimating system or request product quotes, as applicable, to provide costing to management for analysis and pricing
· Provides pricing, availability, and schedule information within established guidelines.
· Track orders, initiating changes and expediting per customer or sales requests.
· Liaise between customer and facility (production, design, shipping and account managers)
· Maintain an ongoing relationship with selected customers and sales team
How you will impact WestRock:
· Assist sales team by maintaining accounts and developing strong customer relationships to support and promote current and future business opportunities
· Develop strong, internal working relationships to support and promote efficient, timely, and accurate response to customer expectations
· Coordinate the necessary delivery schedules with scheduling and the shipping department communicating same with sales, management, and the customer
· Manage and track customer warehouse product to ensure availability and min/max levels while managing overruns and underruns. Analyze monthly usages and re-stocking per customer
· Address customer complaints and questions seeking aid from sales and management as necessary
· Maintain proper checks and balances for optimum cost benefits relative to margin and customer pricing
· Understand cost information and identify opportunities for cost containment and margin improvement; ensure accurate product pricing for invoicing
· Foster a lean culture to drive continuous improvement, cost control and waste reduction.
· Ensure our customers get the quality, consistency, and responsiveness they deserve
· Embrace the WestRock culture, based on values of integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 2+ years of customer service / customer relations experience
- Superb customer service, computer and administrative skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; college and/or Sales or Customer Service coursework preferred
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process is highly preferred; printing or corrugated packaging manufacturing is a plus
- Ability to perform math functions including working with fractions, manipulating and recording figures to provide accurate quantities, estimates and quotes. Must be detail oriented.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.