Sales Representative - Columbus, OH
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sales Representative - Columbus, OH
1015 Marion Rd
Columbus, Ohio, 43207
As a member of WestRock's Account Management team, you will operate as an internal sales resource and as a champion of executing sales and order fulfillment processes efficiently and effectively. As an Account Representative (AR), you will provide essential communication between the business team and its customers in support of the field selling effort.
How you will impact WestRock
- As an Account Representative for the WestRock team, you will be responsible for managing the quoting process and order fulfillment for multiple customers. ARs build effective customer relationships through a proactive service mindset, anticipate customer requirements and determine supply chain solutions to maximize service and minimize costs.
- Respond to customer inquiries concerning product availability, pricing and order status
- Provide price and availability quotes: determine fulfillment solutions for customer orders
- Communicate with the sales team, plant and technical personnel concerning customer orders/inquiries and issues
- Develop a broad and deep understanding of key customer needs including proactively researching and visiting customers
- Address credit-related issues and disposition of aged inventory
- Act in accordance with documented procedures to ensure accuracy of work and a positive customer experience
- Provide sales forecast/change information, based upon observation, experience, and direct knowledge of our customers
- Provide insight and suggestions on improving supply chain practices with the goal of improving responsiveness while minimizing system costs
- Provide coverage for other AR’s in their absence
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or another related field preferred
- Experience in Manufacturing Customer Service, Supply Chain, Logistics, Inventory or Business is preferred but not required
- Professional and articulate communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and administrative accuracy
- Sound judgment in decision-making
- Acts as an agent for change and continuous improvement
- Self-motivated with positive “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.