Project Coordinator-Chicago IL
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Project Coordinator-Chicago IL
750 North Orleans - Suite 600
Chicago, Illinois, 60654
Career Opportunity:The Sales Project Coordinator acquires and transfers information from customers from the concept development stage through order fulfillment.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Communicate as required with external customers to assist in meeting their needs.
- Attend meetings, manage administrative aspects of customer interaction, and support sales in handling customer requirements.
- Develop sell prices with Sales and provide quote letters to customer.
- Actively participate in new technology introductions and/or implementations.
- Set up item masters in the AS400 system. All information should be accurate including description, customer number, customer item number, cost, cross reference.
- Ensure that all costs associated with an order are captured and included in the standard cost on the item file.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional counterparts to respond to customers, complete orders, improve processes, and enhance company performance.
- Gather customer requests for Design and/or pricing.
- Assist Sales in providing complete Project Request forms.
- Assist Designers in obtaining information required to respond to customer requests.
- Provide complete specification packages to Estimating to get costs and prices for materials and Assembly.
- Obtain estimates to provide new costs when quantities change or customer reruns items.
- Submit accurate, complete, and timely work order packets to Production Project Manager and Assembly PC. Work Orders should be free of errors and submitted early enough to allow for effective scheduling and efficient production.
- Provide clarification and support as necessary during order fulfillment to ensure customer needs are met
- .Assist Manufacturing Project Manager in managing inventory to include billing the customer, zero-valuing, scrapping.
- Assist Assembly PC in managing Customer Product/Miscellaneous inventory.
- Other duties as required
What you need to succeed:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, and at least 2-4 years industry experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills Organizational skills and detail orientation a mustExcellent computer skills, with AS400 a plus. Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently but cooperatively within a cross functional environment Ability to effectively multi-task Paperboard or printing experience preferred
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellenceComprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities. An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential. WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.