About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Quality Advocate - Remote
9540 S Dorchester Ave
Chicago, Illinois, 60628-1797
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Quality Advocate, Chicago, IL (REMOTE)
● Interact with manufacturing, sales, design, and the customer in meeting both internal and external quality requirements.
● Provide feedback to manufacturing locations using analytical and statistical tools on their performance as it relates to the customers facilities.
● Effectively provide solutions / resolutions to our customers on quality and service issues using a continuous improvement strategy.
● Scorecard development, implementation, and providing feedback to Customers on results.
● Weekly track issues and plant responses and assist with troubleshooting tools for data collection.
● Prepare the quality and service portion of the corporate presentations. Attend corporate review.
● Travel to both Customer and WestRock locations as needed
● Special project assignments
● Liaison for Commercial Excellence Key accounts cross divisional
How you will impact WestRock:
· Serve as the Quality and Service liaison between our key Customers and our manufacturing facilities
· Projects will include; working on joint Customer improvement initiatives, and support plants with implementing Customer specific quality requirements
What you need to succeed:
- Strong background in quality management systems
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15+ years’ experience within the packaging industry
- Ability to travel up to 80% throughout North America
- Experience with formal Lean / Six Sigma methodologies (Green Belt / Black Belt)
- Creative problem solver
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Competent with MSN Office products and MS Outlook
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.