Account Manager - Bethel, CT
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Account Manager - Bethel, CT
2 Research Drive
Bethel, Connecticut, 06801
The Account Manager manages information flow to and from West Rock Merchandising Displays customers and partners in support and generation of existing and new business. This information flow is inclusive of but not limited to management of projects from concept development, structural and graphic design, prototyping, approvals, revisions, manufacturing, order fulfillment, as applicable, and shipping. This position will support for one large National account and will work onsite at the customer facility at designated times as well as in the Bethel, CT Sales & Design office.
How you will impact WestRock
- Communicate as required with external customers to assist in meeting their needs. Attend meetings, manage administrative aspects of customer interaction, and in handling customer requirements in West Rock Merchandising Displays and customer locations participate in new technology introductions and/or implementations
- Work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional counterparts to respond to customers, complete orders, improve processes, and enhance company performance
- Receive, interpret, and manage Customer data
Maintain information in WRMD proprietary systems and/or customer specific systems as required
- Partner with customer to assess marketing and promotional needs
- Work with internal resources including Design, Estimating, Project Management, Production, and fulfillment to successfully complete projects and orders
- Investigate and resolve customer problemsCreate presentations to generate new and additional business
- Do regular “store check” to assess the quality of finished product in the marketplace and analyze promotional effectiveness
- Initiate customer projects by completing project request form with actionable information
- Travel to support customer account as require
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience in a customer facing role with key client
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work load and adjust to changing priorities in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong creative thinking and analytical skills
- Proven project and vendor management skills is also required.
- Excellent computer skills
- Position will be required to work from customer location (Stamford, CT) 2 days per week.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.