Account Manager - LA, CA
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Account Manager - LA, CA
4075 West Columbia Ave
Battle Creek, Michigan, 49037
Account Manager – Box On Demand – LA, CA
Box On Demand (BOD) by WestRock is in the unique position of being at the very front end of providing an extremely innovative solution into the large, but until now mature corrugated box market. With this, BOD is enjoying rapid growth and is looking for highly capable, energetic individuals who see the opportunity to help drive this evolving market in a small, agile company environment
The Account Manager will represent the Box On Demand and successfully develop and deliver sales in the designated regions. Account Manager shall use best efforts to sell Box On Demand equipment solutions in the designated Region. Box On Demand products include the placement of equipment systems for new and existing customers, combined with a raw material supply commitment. This position will be responsible for TBD territory. Travel required.
How you will Impact WestRock:
Grow net revenue and volume generation by pursing and opening new customer accounts in an
assigned region by:
· Identifying and recommending solutions to customers that promote sustainability and cost optimization opportunities through the investment in Box On Demand machines and systems
· Partnering with Corrugated Sales Reps and other teams within the corrugated container division to develop existing and new accounts by selling Box On Demand machines and systems
· Identifying, developing and maintaining sourcing opportunities, target customers and market trends
· Providing exposure of technological innovations to internal Corrugated Sales Teams, including presentation of APS products, services and new developments at territory sales meetings
Manage both internal and external customer relationships, providing value-added technical support by:
· Answering complex questions as it relates to equipment and services provided by the Company
· Generating ongoing status reports to ensure contracted/expected volume levels will be actualized
Complete special projects, as required
What You Need To Succeed:
· Minimum of 5 years successful sales experience with capital equipment, preferably related to the corrugate industry.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business , or technical degree with industry experience
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated technical competence and initiative
· Broad understanding of different types of equipment, technologies and packaging capabilities relevant to the packaging industry
· Solution seller, relationship builder, hunter mentality, detail oriented, ability to build trust
· Professional approach to problem solving and business
· Ability to provide clarity to complex problems and develop long term packaging solutions
· Ability to manage multiple accounts and deadlines and interact effectively with people from varying functions and levels
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Strong electrical/pneumatic/software aptitude pertaining to machine applications
· Willingness to accept a challenge and inclined to take initiative
· Self-managing and ability to execute sales strategies
· Lead/assist in researching and writing client proposals
· Understanding of Box On Demand’s overall portfolio to represent our work with knowledge of its objectives and results
· Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
· Detail oriented, technically adept and computer proficient, i.e. experience with MS Office Products, AutoCAD viewer, etc.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.