Material Handler MPS-Woodridge IL
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler MPS-Woodridge IL
2300 Internationale Parkway
Woodridge, Illinois, 60517
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Unloads inbound shipments of raw materials and verifies.
Creates and affixes pallet tags which identify material, mfr. lot#, and receiving information.
Moves raw materials to a stock location.
Acknowledges location of materials in the system.
Optimizes stock locations on an ongoing basis.
Retrieves stock as necessary for jobs.
Moves WIP to operational areas as necessary.
Manifests and loads recycled material on to recycle truck.
Puts overstock to designated location and identifies.
Conducts cycle counts and full inventory counts as necessary, working with respective Inventory Analysts to reconcile.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must have the ability to operate heavy material handling machinery (electric pallet jack, fork lift, reach truck).
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have experience with or become comfortable with radio frequency scanning device.
- Must be comfortable with use of computers for finding information, entering information, writing and sending email.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.