Prepress Manager-Toronto, Ontario
2220 Midland Ave, 50 Administration Isle
Toronto, Ontario, M1P 3E6
We are seeking a Prepress Manager who will be an integral part of our team.
How would you impact WestRock:
- Ensure the timely production of products whose quality meets or exceeds both internal and external customer expectations. Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost (set-up times, remakes, waste). Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Ultimately responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned department through collaborative relationship building with peer managers, the management of subordinate staff, achieving production goals, management performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions, solving problems and management change.
- Establishes production and quality control standards for department.
- Meets with customers and suppliers as required.
- Develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations scheduling and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with other areas (e.g. procurement, and quality assurance) to obtain optimum production and utilization of manpower, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operations or production problems.
- Ensures that all assigned CAR's are completed within 72 hours of receiving a sample of the defective product.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data and uses this data to share performance with the team at monthly Department meetings.
- Assures compliance to all company policies and procedures, continually participating in company LEAN manufacturing training and audits.
- Meets with each shift at least once per week to ensure issues and problems are being addressed across the team
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working condition and maintained according to schedule.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ supervisory experience required.
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic prepress operations and how it interacts with the Press Room.
Must be efficient in advanced computer skills.
Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Must be well versed and experienced in viewing and correcting color of Press and Proofs.
Must be aware of G7, prefer experienced.
Must be familiar with Esko Pre Press software such as Art Pro, Illustrator.
Must have the ability to quickly adapt, make critical decisions, and be a change leader.
Must have capability to learn quickly and manage employees collaboratively, in a fast-moving department.
Must pass color vision and hue test.
Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must have knowledge of or the ability to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and occasionally travel.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock-MPS will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact Human Resources at 416-940-2421 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact Human Resources at the number listed.