Entry Level Press Helper-Toronto, Ontario
2220 Midland Ave, 50 Administration Isle
Toronto, Ontario, M1P 3E6
We are seeking an Entry Level Press Helper who will be an integral part of our Press Team.
How would you impact WestRock:
- Set up each operator and press with the required materials for particular product being produced (e.g. paper, inks, etc) per job ticket and schedule.
- Reviews job tickets and schedule then organizes and prepares loads for presses.
- Operates load turner effectively.
- Communicates effectively with press crew, materials handlers, and supervisors.
- Follows instructions and works with press crews on the presses when required.
- Bring material to each machine for runs.
- Mix inks as needed.
- Pull ink, paper, chemicals, special sheets.
- Change ink drums.
- Maintains assigned areas of the pressroom (e.g. sweeping, emptying trash cans, etc.) as needed.
- Stocks shelves with incoming inventory or ordered items when required.
- Cleans cutting area when required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have the ability to operate fork truck and electric jack truck.
- Must have the ability to learn how to handle/jog thin weight stocks.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must have the ability to read micrometers and tape measures.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have basic arithmetic skills.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test
or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock-MPS is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock-MPS will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact Human Resources at 416-940-2421 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact Human Resources at the number listed.