WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
St. Louis, MO, Food Service Packaging
Our WestRock- Food Service Packaging, St. Louis, MO, plant is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Janitor/Baler position in the production dept. This is an entry level, hourly position where advancement in operations is expected.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, experience in a manufacturing environment, and a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Follow all safety rules and execute all job duties in a safe manner.
- Continuously empty trash bins in all office spaces and other areas that hold trash in accordance with Golden Broom Program.
- Sweep floors in all office spaces and ensure desks and table tops are free from dirt and dust.
- Clean all refrigerators located in the conference and employee break rooms.
- Ensure the employee break room is free from debris and the overall cleanliness of the room.
- Clean windows and mirrors when necessary.
- Sanitize all restrooms including sinks, flooring, and toilets.
- Follow all YUM!/SQF cleaning/sanitation requirements related to food safety programs.
- Clean exterior grounds and keep free of paper and other debris.
- Maintain housekeeping excellence in accordance with Golden Broom Program.
- Maintain full compliance to all GMPs.
- Bale waste and scrap from the manufacturing lines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
What you need to succeed:
HS diploma or GED required.
8-hour shift, 6:00am-2:30pm Monday – Friday, overtime as needed.
Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently.
Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time.
Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and staff.
Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred.
Must be flexible on shift.
Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.