About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Die Cutting Asst-Bobst-1st shift-South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist Bobst Press Operator with mechanical adjustments to set-up and make ready die-cutting machines for quality cutting of cartons while complying with customers order requirement and production scheduling.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Checks schedule for job that is to go to press.
- Clears the line and removes the tools from the previous job.
- Stages all materials for next job on press (printed sheets, cutting die, plate and blanking tools, platforms for loading material).
- Assists Bobst Press Operator on set up of press and make ready of job.
- Loads and unloads stock while job is running.
- Assists Bobst Press Operator in checking sheets while job is running.
- Watches machine while it is running to make sure feeder and delivery are working properly.
- Takes die cut loads to gluing and stripping staging areas.
- Assists Bobst Press Operator in routine maintenance.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must pass a basic reading test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining
a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.