About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Air Hammer Opr., 3rd shift-South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
GENERAL PURPOSE: Set up and utilize air-operated stripping tool to remove waste from printed, die-cut sheets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Sets up and utilizes air-operated stripping tool.
· Removes scrap board from die-cut sheets.
· Deposits scrap in baler.
· Stacks die-cut blanks on skids for gluer operations.
· Exercises care in stacking carton blanks on skids to prevent carton mix-ups.
· Pushes out internal scrap from cut blanks when necessary, using die hammer and wood punches.
· Operates power baler to compress scrap board and paper into bales.
· Operates forklift to move skidded stock into position for stripping.
· Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
· Informs the stripping lead when supplies or parts are required.
· Responsible for timely and accurate completion of the quality checklist for each job.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid forklift operator license.
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, procedures and work instructions.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining
a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.