About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
2nd Press Operator-2nd shift-South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist first press operator in setup and operation of machine to produce quality printed materials in accordance with standards set forth by the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors and controls register throughout press run.
- Monitors ink in fountains, coating in drums, and makes necessary corrections.
- Maintains and fills ink foundations and set-ups dampening system (checks pH and conductivity; holds at required level).
- Washes, preserves and stores plates as needed.
- Ensures there is stock available for next job.
- Communicates status of materials or job information to following shift.
- Stocks supplies for next shift (i.e. press wash, rags, etc.).
- Assists First Press Operator in keeping press and press area clean.
- Maintains all lubrication points on press.
- Runs the press in the absence of the First Press Operator.
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Brings all adjustments back to centerline before starting next job or form.
- Removes and gums used plates.
- Adjusts place register system for proper alignment with cylinders.
- Performs routine adjustments and maintains quality throughout the press run.
- Follows instructions accurately.
- Maintains equipment by following work procedures and performing tests and maintenance.
- Directs Press Assistant to accomplish production goals.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have two years’ experience in running, troubleshooting, and quality control on a press of similar size and complexity.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to set up, operator and perform preventative maintenance on press.
- Must have basic leadership skills required to give press assistant simple directions.
- Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining
a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.