About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st Shift Flexo Press Operator - San Angelo, TX
3348 Pulliam St
San Angelo, Texas, 76905
GENERAL PURPOSE: Set up, adjust, and operate a flexographic Mark Andy press.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Sets up, adjusts, and operates a flexographic Mark Andy press.
Works under minimum supervision.
Performs a variety of semi-complex or critical tasks where overall quality and/or quantity can seriously affect various manufacturing operations or costs.
Locates and corrects machine malfunctions.
Cleans, lubricates, and makes adjustments to maintain quality of production.
Notifies supervision of needed repairs or replacement parts.
Ensures that assigned equipment is properly maintained and in safe operating condition.
Assists in training individuals and other team members as assigned.
Understands all documents pertaining to the printing process and adheres to specification requirements.
Complies with company policies, procedures, and core processes.
Complies with established safety procedures and policies.
Keeps area clean and orderly.
Supports, understands, and adheres to LEAN Principles and Rules by identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems.
Focuses on continuous improvement, quality, improved cycle times, safety, cost reductions, and customer satisfaction.
Works with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and validations.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
- Must have three years’ experience as press operator or operator trainee.
- Must have the ability to read and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers.
- Must have good personal communication skills including reading, speaking, and writing simple sentences.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic math skills including the ability to calculate sums, differences, and percentages.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.)
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be educated in all documents pertaining to the printing process and adhere to specification requirements.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.